search.fantastigames shows up every time you open a new browser window? How to completely get rid of search.fantastigames.com?
search.fantastigames.com looks like a reputable search engine that can help you better browse the Internet. However, search.fantastigames.com brings nothing good to your system. search.fantastigames.com displays advertisements and sponsored links in your search results, and may track your privacy and change bookmark lists.
search.fantastigames.com is installed to your computer usually when you download free software or add-on that have bundled into installer of search.fantastigames.com. Soon you will find out affected browsers, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer won’t work normally anymore. Instead of leading you to expected pages, you will be sent to advertisements-based or pay-per-click sites. You may check the Control Panel or restore affected browsers but still have no luck to remove search.fantastigames.com virus for good. That’s mainly because the infections of search.fantastigames.com are cunningly hidden. And search.fantastigames.com may lead to privacy invasion and more malware installation. To get rid of search.fantastigames.com and get back your homepage, please follow the manual removal guide below.
Manual Removal Guide to Remove search.fantastigames.com
Step 1- Go to Start menu →Control Panel →Add/Remove Programs→ Remove any other suspicious programs.
Step2- Delete adds-on
1) Go to 'Tools' → 'Manage Add-ons';
2) Choose 'Search Providers' → choose 'Bing' search engine or 'Google' search engine and make it default;
3) Select 'Search Results' and click 'Remove' to remove it;
4) Go to 'Tools' → 'Internet Options', select 'General tab' and click 'Use default' button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
Google Chrome browser:
1) Click on 'Customize and control' Google Chrome icon, select 'Settings';
2) Choose 'Basic Options'.
3) Change Google Chrome's homepage to google.com or any other and click the 'Manage search engines...' button;
4) Select 'Google' from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select 'Search Results' from the list remove it by clicking the "X" mark.
Mozilla Firefox browser:
1) Click on the magnifier's icon and select 'Manage Search Engines....';
2) Choose 'Search Results' from the list and click 'Remove' and OK to save changes;
3) Go to 'Tools' → 'Options'. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the 'General tab';
Step 3- Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections.
click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items.
Step 4- open your Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and then stop the viruses and Trojans processes
Step 5 - remove any suspicious files dropped by search.fantastigames.com virus.
Step 6- Detect and remove related registries added by search.fantastigames.com virus: